Saturday 25 April 2009

Notorious, Biggie Smalls "The Movie"

Ok well last nite my wife went up to her friends house to have a chick flick session and left me at home with the kids, so up untill 9.30 ish i was having to watch hotel for dogs, which i cant tell you about as i wasnt really paying attention, but anyway 9.30 or so the boys went up to bed and i was left with a decison of what to do, now i could sit on facebook and easily eat up a few hours or watch the new Notorious movie.

Now ive been waiting for a while to watch this film as i am a massive biggie smalls fan, the only problem was that part of me didnt want to watch it as i was worried that they might have made the normal "hollywood" exaggerated crap,  rather than the truth and this would have really annoyed me. Anyway i decided to watch it and promptly put the dvd into the player, turned the volume up and got myself ready for what i was hoping to be the best hiphop movie ever.

Im not going to sit here and spoil the movie for you by telling you what happens and stuff, i just wanted to give you my two cents worth so you knew what this movie was gonna be like. First off im going to talk about the casting of the actors for this movie and how in some case's imo they got it spot on where as some of the other choices left me wondering why.

Take Jamal Woolard the guy that is playing the part of Christopher 'Biggie' Wallace for example, for me this guy could not have played that part any better and it surprised me just how good he really was, there were times through the film where i even forgot that it was not really biggie just an actor. The same can almost be said about Derek Luke who plays Sean 'Puffy' Combs, who also portrayed his part in the film very well although there was just one thing that bugged me and that was how they made puffy look like me was  an angel that never did no wrong. 

Now this brings me to what i think was a bad choice Anthony Mackie who is palying the part of Tupac Shakur, not only did i think this dude was a crap actor from the part he played as "Poppa Doc" in 8 mile but to cast him as 2pac i belive was a big mistake, to me he brought no life to the part, he was dull and didnt at anypoint make me belive he was 2pac. The other person in this film that i belive was a wrong choice to cast was Antonique Smith who played the part of Faith Evans, why i hear you ask, wll maybe because shes got to be one of the most uglyist women in the world ever, i mean come on Faith Evans is a very good looking women and this person they have got to play her part looks like shes the result of inbreeding.

Anyway thats my rant over, now the film its self was everything i wanted it to be, it covered everything it could of done without being 3hrs long and i must admit that at the end while ms wallace was talking while she was being driven in her sons funeral procession i had a slight tear in the corner of my eye, all in all a very well made film that is def a must see. My Rating 9/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472198/

Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment