Friday 24 April 2009

Fishing In The Sunshine

Yesterday my friend alex and i thought we would take advantage of the fine sunshine we have been having these last few days and get in a few hours fishing over at the lake behind the estate he lives on.

So anyway the target fish for the day were tench but we also had a rod out for carp on a buzzer, but the carp can be such a pain in the backside to entice into feeding at this venue which is why we tend to always fish there for the tench, plus the sun was not really bright and it was a little overcast perfect for the tench to feed one would think.

But no such luck, i had a few knocks but nothing to yell about, i tried mixing my bait up a bit to enduce a bite but weather it be corn, meat, bread and anything else to hand they would not take it,and to make matters worse a "pike" that was double figures for sure, came splashing into my swim snatching at the small fry that was feeding on my groundbait, which in turn scared anything that was in the area of my bait far far away....

Alex had a bit more luck than me but not a huge amount more, he also had a few knocks on his tench rod but only managed to snag 2 snot fish (breem) he had three seperate takes on his carp rod though, but everytime he struck the rod it was weightless.

So all in all a crap day fishing but for me it does not matter that i didnt catch, sure it would have been nice to have bagged a few but just to sit a the side of a lake in the blazing sun is good enough for me....

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment